Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The font we learnt to hate


I used to get frustrated while hopping through ‘the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog’ lists of my system fonts. Something you were very font of, something you might have used the most and this was the description of the Comic Sans font. But not any more I believe. I too have learnt to hate this cartoonish childish font like we hated China, Communism, Saddam etc etc etc. I cannot even remember the last time I had used it.
I do not understand the psychology behind this, but whenever I see someone projecting a Powerpoint presentation with the comic sans front anywhere on the screen, I fell frustrated. So would be a web page or article or video title. May be the font’s popularity and universality or its childish looks which do not fit anywhere have led to its own infamy.
This expression is shared by quite many people and hence the best way to avoid frustrating people with your designs is avoid comic sans font at any cost. I would be grateful if anyone could explain that sudden upstroke of hate mentality.
 quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog
quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog




quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog


quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog

0 comments:

Post a Comment